My detailed curriculum vitae is regularly updated on LinkedIn. Here's a summary of my skills and experience.
- Competence in multiple languages
- Familiarity with European politics
- Lived in Montreal, France, Finland and Japan for 3+ months each
- language skills:
- French (fluent)
- Japanese (conversational)
- Italian (basic)
- German (basic)
- breaking news
- style: Canadian Press, Associated Press
- hyperlocal reporting
- search-engine optimization
Staff Reporter (Radio Room)
September 2011 – May 2013 (1 year 9 months)
- monitored police scanners, emergency departments and social media
- found sources and completed research for features
- complied online packages
- liveblogged multiple events
Copy and Online Editor
June 2011 – September 2011 (4 months)
- Copy desk: composed proofs and display copy, edited content for style and local context
- Online desk: posted text and images online to fit site organization and SEO guidelines
- Also conducted police calls and wrote crime briefs.
Fill-in Digital Editor
September 2013 – Present
- Regularly updating news websites for markets across Canada.
- Posting house and wire content with search-engine optimized headlines and relevant multimedia.
- Showcasing quality content and maintaining a strong social media presence.
Honours Bachelor of Arts: Journalism, French
2008 – 2012
Grade: GPA 3.63 (91%)
- The Varsity newspaper
- l'Association française
- AccessAbility volunteer note taker